Those days miss you, too. I recently found a yellowed letter under one of the floorboards, and it was addressed to you and signed by those days with a tear-stained kiss of lipstick.
Meanwhile, in the present, those of us who work in the industry and who are—amazingly—able to consider more than one idea at the same time, will continue to create good games about worlds you can explore AND occasionally talk about inclusivity.
If you are feeling compassion fatigue, I think it might be okay to sit out those discussions, at least until you get your strength back. While it will be tough not having you available for close consultation, somehow we will soldier on.
If three or more of the following statements are accurate for you, you may be Irish:
1. The use of phrases such as “luck of the Irish”, “top of the morning to you”, and “Patty’s Day” fill you with an emotion somewhere between vague disdain and outright loathing.
2. 90% of the the barbecues you have ever attended have been rained off.
3. Your relationships with the Catholic church, the nation next door and alcohol would be best described as “it’s complicated”.
4. Fair play to the Queen though, sure isn’t she a grand oul’ wan.
5. You can spot someone faking an Irish accent from 16 kilometres away.
6. You understand the meaning of and have used at least three of the following terms (depending on region of origin): “shower of _”, “fooster”, “gaff”, “culchie”, “made a haines of it”, “delph”. You are aware that “mad bastard” is a compliment.
7. Your parents taught you all of the swear words you know, and how to use them: responsibly and frequently.
8. You are baffled by the obsession with Kerrygold. It’s fucking butter. ALL our butter is good quality. Nothing grows in this bleedin’ country except grass.
9. However, you know that red lemonade is banned everywhere else in the EU because of a colorant that turns your insides red.
10. You know what the joke is behind the name of the band The Pogues.
11. You have broken a law, on the basis that you are entirely sure it is never enforced.
12. Persons claiming to have access to Irish cultural cache on the basis of having had an Irish grandparent or more distant ancestor make you somewhat wary when coupled with a complete absence of knowledge of the country’s people and culture, due to your knowledge of the nation’s complex history of colonization and cultural appropriation that has wide-ranging ramifications for a variety of current socialpolitical issues including educational access, reproductive choice, exploitation of natural resources and marriage equality. Plus it’s feckin’ annoying.
Sue Perkins as the twelfth Doctor.
Oh hell yes.
WASN’T filmed on…
This is most def creepy as fuck.
sorry but can you imagine driving by one day and just seeing the fucking teletubbies out your window
like they turn to look at you and you just fucking GUN IT because oHGOD THEY’RE COMING FOR YOU
Welcome to AREA FUCKING 51.
Dude, mind blown man.
i think the red one is peeing
It’s funny how each day you wake up and never really know if it will be one that will change your life forever.
gamer nerds are so dramatic
I strongly encourage everyone to check out the tweet and marvel at nerds’ anguished realization that their heroes do not all share their insular mutated worldview
See this is why you can’t have rational discussions with men! They get so emotional.
*CACKLING IN THE DISTANCE*
okay so if harry potter was born in 1980, and went to hogwarts in like 91, that means he was in his sixth year in 1996
do you think he knew about the spice girls? i mean.. i know he had shit going on with horcruxes that year but wannabe isn’t something that happens without you taking note of it